Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paula's Chicken Cacciatore

I have made this a couple of times before, and I love it mostly because it features chicken and delicious Italian marinara sauce, but also because it gives me yet another excuse to eat pasta.
However!
The last time I served it, I tried to make this (not) awesome gluten-free pasta to go with it, and what a colossal failure that turned out to be. It literally reverted to dough in the pot. Gross.
Next time, plain ole' Ronco will have to do. I'll just pay the very worthy price.
Just a warning: this recipe makes a ton. I often half it, and I will still have a lot left over.

CHICKEN CACCIATORE

3 1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
1/4 c. flour
salt, to taste
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 c. olive oil
1 can small white onions
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1 4 oz. can drained mushrooms
2-3 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you like)
1 lg. can tomato puree
1/2 c. water
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. dried basil
1 T. Worcestershire

Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry. Roll in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in olive oil in a large saucepan; remove. Saute' onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and garlic in same skillet. Blend in remaining ingredients. Add chicken; cover and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir occasionally. Serve over (real) pasta with Caesar salad (Check out Pioneer Woman's recipe for Caesar salad...yum) and garlic bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment