Monday, October 22, 2012

Paula's Instant Hot Chocolate Mix

Seriously, much better than Swiss Miss, and Swiss Miss is pretty good. Easy, too. This like happiness in a cup. If you are having a really bad day, this makes it all better. Mom made this for me all the time when I was little.
Good to put it in Mason jars and give it as gifts at Christmas. (Do it in even 1/3 c. increments). You can double and triple and quadruple if need be. I usually just make a big fat batch of it when it starts turning cold; that way, I can just drink it whenever I feel like it!

INSTANT HOT CHOCOLATE MIX

1 8 qt. non-fat dry milk
1 2 lb. can Nestle's Quick
1 lb. box powdered sugar
1 6 oz. jar powdered coffee creamer (Use a good brand of just plain flavored)

Mix ingredients together in a large container (I have a monstrous mixing bowl that my cat can fit into...I found this out the hard way...so I just use that when I'm making my big batches). To drink: Use 1/3 c. mix to 1 c. boiling water. Don't forget marshmallows and King Leo peppermint sticks!

No comments:

Post a Comment