Monday, October 22, 2012

Merle's Kentucky Bourbon Pie

I think Granny got this recipe from Capt. Jones's family, and his father was a Kentuckian. Don't hold me to that, though. Maybe she just needed to use up some booze. I prefer the first story.
The first time I made it, a nice 75-year-old man proposed marriage to me. If I had realized then how difficult it actually would end up being for me to find a husband, I would have accepted. Hindsight's 20-20. Enjoy the pie.

KENTUCKY BOURBON PIE

1 9" unbaked pastry pie shell
2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. melted butter
4 T. Kentucky bourbon
1/4 c. cornstarch
1 c. chopped pecans
6 oz. semisweet chocolate chips


Beat eggs. Beat in sugar. Beat in butter and bourbon. Mix well. Stir in cornstarch, then pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into pie crust. Bake at 350 degrees 45 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment