Sunday, October 21, 2012

Paula's Sausage Balls

Now, I am not a snob about my cooking because I still have no idea how to make cornbread, and when I get ready to do it, I will have to have Leilani on the phone with me the entire time. And I regularly fail to leave necessary ingredients out of cookies such as baking soda and thereby end up with little sugary boulders of disappointment.
But I must say, I am not only adept at making sausage balls, I am excellent! I had some sausage balls the other day at very fancy-schmancy venue, and all I could think was, "These are horrible; I could do so much better!"
So, this recipe is pretty good. For further credibility, Nathan will eat these for a meal.
Mother used to make these for Christmas and for the Fair.

SAUSAGE BALLS

1 lb. hot sausage (Jimmy Dean. Must be Jimmy Dean.)
1 1/2 - 2 c. Bisquick (depending on how bready you like them. I like mine pretty bready.)
8 oz. (more or less) sharp cheddar cheese, grated

Mix well. Roll into balls (a little smaller than a golf ball). Bake 15 min. at 375 degrees on an ungreased cookie sheet. You can freeze them before baking. If baking from frozen, place on cookie sheet and bake 10 min. or more at 300 degrees.



1 comment:

  1. So, just so I understand, bake at 300 for 10 minutes to get them to THAW? Then bake them at 375 for 15 minutes?

    ReplyDelete