Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Nancy's Fried Rice

This was part 2 of a Chinese dinner I made the other night (as a side to Paula's Chicken Orange), so I omitted the meat. Very hearty side dish. If I did not have a boyfriend present at half my dinners now I would have just made it and eaten it by itself as a meal. It's very filling; I really liked it.

FRIED RICE

2 stems celery, slivered
4-6 c. cold rice
1 med. onion or 1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 c. frozen green peas, thawed and drained well
4 oz. sliced mushrooms
1/2 lb. meat (shrimp and chicken), slivered

Bring wok or electric skillet to medium heat and salt lightly. Coat with 2 T. olive oil. Toss in celery, onion, mushrooms and peas and stir fry 1 minute. Set aside. Stir fry shrimp and chicken in 1-2 T. olive oil. Add rice and cooked vegetables. Toss with the following seasonings (which have been mixed together):

2 T. soy sauce
1/2 t. salt
2 T. sherry
1 t. msg. (Accent)
1 t. olive oil (only if mixture looks a little dry)

The more meat, the fancier the dish. This can be prepared without the meat as a side dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment