Thursday, September 13, 2012

Paula's Potato Salad

Sadly I had never hard boiled an egg before making this. But I did it! And then there was potato salad. I think it turned out fine, and my boyfriend Nate really enjoyed it. We had it on Labor Day with some steaks. I think I just don't like potato salad very much. Maybe because of the mustard. Regardless, Nate said to write on here that if you are indeed a fan of potato salad, you will really enjoy this one. So there's that!

POTATO SALAD

4 large potatoes, peeled, boiled and cubed (I didn't peel mine out of sheer laziness, also I like the skins.)
4 lg. hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 onion, diced finely
1 c. celery, chopped
1 tsp. salt
2 T. mayonnaise
2 T. vinegar
2 T. mustard
2 T. sugar
2 T. cream or canned milk
2 tsp. salt
Paprika to taste

Mix cooled potatoes with eggs, onion celery and 1 tsp. salt. Mix remaining ingredients with a whisk in a small bowl, then pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with paprika. Gently toss to coat. Refrigerate before serving.
Can add chopped pickle or celery seed to the dressing. (I did not.)

Enjoy! (Unlike me).

No comments:

Post a Comment