Thursday, August 30, 2012

Paula's Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

"If you can read, you can cook," said my mom often.

Mom was great with candies/sweets. She couldn't cook much due to MS, but everything I remember her making was wonderful. She kept her recipes meticulously organized, but she apparently didn't care if I drew stick figures all over them. Thankfully, they're still readable!
I love these little "cookies." No bake, one pan. Super quick and easy and all the ingredients you probably have floating around. For that reason I usually make them at 1 a.m. when I get a sweet tooth or need a boost for all night grading marathons! They helped me make friends in grad school because I'd make some for my fellow students during finals and big paper writing crunches. Also one day I ran out of oats and used three packs of brown sugar oatmeal. Oops, but it worked fine, actually.

CHOCOLATE OATMEAL COOKIES

2 c. sugar
1 stick margarine
1/2 c. milk
3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder

Melt all together in a big saucepan and bring to a boil for 1 min. Remove from heat. (I constantly whisk so the milk doesn't scorch). Then mix in:

1/2 c. creamy peanut butter
3 c. plain quick oats

Mix well. Drop by heaping tablespoons onto wax paper and let cool. I cheat and refrigerate them for a bit. That's it!

Just try not to be like me and eat five.

No comments:

Post a Comment